The 411

This is my random life. The good, the bad, and the ugly. There is no real purpose other then to share. So glad to have you on board for the ride, got your seat belt on??!

Monday, March 1, 2010

WAHM Product Review



Maybelline New York - Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

I bought this product at Walgreens for $9.99

The Maybelline website says that you will love it because it is oil-free with a clear gel base allowing for a continued water proof wear without smudges for up to 24 hours.

MAC makes a very similar product called Fluid Line $15 and it is amazing!

When I saw this fairly new product by Maybelline I figured I would give the budget friendly product a try.

Here are some of the great things I loved about this product:
  • Cost
  • Water proof and stays put
  • over all similar appearance to MAC product when used correctly
Things that I did not like:
  • Gel became a little too dry after opening making future smooth applications difficult
  • BRUSH is not a good enough applicator for this product, the bristles on the brush become stiff after one usage, even after washing it the brush was still not the same.
  • The bristles on the applier were not in unison, so when I applied many times I would get one bristle that was not following the direction of the others and made for a messy line.
Over all I think that if you invested in a decent brush the actual product is not too shabby. It has definitely not prevented me from using it. I have it on again today. For Make up Snobs, this may be a bit too much of a stretch for your taste, but for everyone else, you might want to give it a shot. I know personally that to many "make-up aficionados" the brush is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggy fun with the family! Share!