The 411

This is my random life. The good, the bad, and the ugly. There is no real purpose other then to share. So glad to have you on board for the ride, got your seat belt on??!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Why do they have to grow up??

Okay so, I love Darius Rucker and have always equated his music with my life...it just has that type of effect on me. I am sure you most likely have heard this song...but I swear it was written for my little girl. Every bit of it makes me and my hubby teary eyed. With everything that she has been going through lately, she has been on my mind more then usual. I decided to write a short letter to her to document how this song makes me feel about her, and share with you some of my favorite pics of her as a smaller Monkey then she is now.

Please do not use my pictures of my family for anything other then viewing on this blog.





















To My Monkey,

When I first saw you, you were the most beautiful thing God had ever graced another person with. You represented everything that was good in the world, with one tiny squint of your eyes. You have continued to make my life so much more then it would have been without you. You are a special and extraordinary girl, and I hope one day, the rest of the world will get to see, what your daddy and me have seen all along. The fact that you dance to the beat of your own drum is something to be admired. One day, someone is going to make you feel heartache and pain. When that day comes, I will be there for you. One day, you will experience betrayal. When that day comes, I will be there for you. One day, you will feel the love of another who sees you for who you are. When that day comes, I will be there for you. One day you will feel the immense love that I feel for you, for your own children, and when that day comes, I will be there for you. You are such a loving girl that is often really misunderstood. Some kids often times do not recognize originality for what it is, and unfortunately they will only grown up to be larger versions of themselves with the same mindset. It is when you come across these people that you remember to stay true to yourself, and the rest really does not matter. I believe that you will get through this, and I know that when you learn to control what it is that troubles you, you will shine even brighter then you already do. I love you and will always be here for you. My love for you will never fade, you never need to worry about who is in your corner, because even when the day comes that you think you don't need me there...I will be there, and when you come to realize how much you appreciate and want me in your corner...I will still be there.

Love Mommy

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful, your daughter will cherish those words! And that song, it's exactly how we feel, yes things get crazy, loud, and hectic...but I know one day all too soon the house will be empty & quiet. Ok, now I'm all teary-eyed :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops! I erased my own comment!!

    It really is crazy the love we feel for our children, and how no matter how much we love them and wish they could stay little forever, they too will grow up one day and have lives of their own. :( I guess it's a happy/sad moment.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! I just made a 2 month video of my baby girl. It is crazy how much we love them huh! I am now following from MBC FFF!

    I am at www.mommywords.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this post! It makes me SO sad to think of my little guy growing up, but at the same time I can't wait to see him become a man!

    Love your blog!

    Brandy

    ReplyDelete

Bloggy fun with the family! Share!