The 411

This is my random life. The good, the bad, and the ugly. There is no real purpose other then to share. So glad to have you on board for the ride, got your seat belt on??!

Friday, March 5, 2010

WAHM and the bible??


The book that I have decided to review first is one of my personal favorites, and one I am hoping to have a contest in the future in which I am able to give a copy away...more on that later.




Author- Leslie Truex


Who is Leslie Truex?

According to the back of the book "she has been a work at home mom for over a decade. She has worked in website developement and maintenance, writing, and research. She creates and manages four websites, including the popular http://www.workathomesuccess.com/. She has a bachelor's degree in Psychology from Willamette University and a master's degree in social word from California State University. She lives in Palmyra, VA."




The book outlines some great information including types of WAHM jobs, and ways to make those jobs a success. I personally love the way Truex is about to cover so many topics without boring or spending too much time on any one aspect. Just when you think you have had enough of one topic, you turn the page and are on to the next concept. I love the way it reads.


Highlights of the book include chapters such as living and working at home, telecommuting, starting a business online, business plans, and marketing plans, to name a few.


One of my personal favorite features of the book is the Home Business Resource section in which Truex creates a list of her top resources and places to access tons of related information.


Final Note: I know personally that it feels risky and uncomfortable to buy a book based on what you scanned over in the index and back cover, so I recognize the importance of book reviews and referrals. I will be choosing another book soon...stay tuned...and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggy fun with the family! Share!