The 411

This is my random life. The good, the bad, and the ugly. There is no real purpose other then to share. So glad to have you on board for the ride, got your seat belt on??!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Family Guest Post- Traveling While Pregnant!

I am excited to announce my family guest blogger this week, my cousin Angela!

Enjoy and share some comment love!



Traveling while pregnant

Family Guest Blogger: Angela

Let me start off by saying that I feel very blessed to be expecting our second child. It’s been a long road for us, and our beautiful 5 year old Isabela is over the moon to be a big sister.

We planned our yearly vacation for May. This year we were gonna hit Fort Lauderdale Florida. We took Isabela with us, especially this time, because she specifically requested a beach so she could collect shells.

I found out I was pregnant with #2 about six weeks before our trip. I knew this vacation would be similar to the one we took six years ago. That trip was to Disney World, and I had just found out I was pregnant with Isabela. What was gonna be a trip of riding crazy rides and savoring adult beverages turned into virgin drinks, checking the “don’t ride this if pregnant” warnings, and early nights.

I knew margaritas and Blue Moon beer were out in Fort Lauderdale, and I could deal with that. I also knew that naps and early bed times were going to be the norm for the week. Again, I was okay with this (actually I was more than okay with this; I actually was looking forward to it). What irked me was hearing:

“Honey, can you bring me a beer?”

Um, yeah.

Women already make the sacrifice of body, mind and hormones during pregnancy. Why don’t men have to stay away from adult beverages too? Okay, maybe not the whole nine months, but at least in front of their wives. Is that asking too much? Or at the very least, don’t ask me to bring you one when I go up to the room to pee for the tenth time in the last two hours.

On the plus side, I began to add up the number of calories I was saving by not drinking and realized that meant I could have dessert with every dinner . . . and an extra helping of pasta. While I can’t vouch for the margaritas in Fort Lauderdale, I can tell you where to find the best pesto pasta on the A1A, Beach Front Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggy fun with the family! Share!