The 411

This is my random life. The good, the bad, and the ugly. There is no real purpose other then to share. So glad to have you on board for the ride, got your seat belt on??!

Monday, February 15, 2010

What is the big deal about your blog?

I have spent a considerable amount of time checking out blogs similar to mine that generate tons of views and publicity. What makes a good blog? What makes one interesting? Why are some that create ridiculous brain dead content more popular then others? I am fascinated by this. I love to do searches for the "top blogs" to see what makes a "top blog" with hopes of some inspiration or ideas to incorporate into my own material. The thing is, lots of what I see is not that engaging. This is not to say that they are not decent reading material, but I have seen several instances where some really great, informative, and entertaining blogs go completely ignored. What gives? One common aspect I have seen is TONS of ads running up and down the page, along with tons or subtopics listed at the top of the page that take me all over the world wide web! No I don't want to buy bright pink tutu's and biodegradable diapers!! URGH!! Enough with the clickable ads. Let's promise to stay true to content and not be blind sighted by dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggy fun with the family! Share!